Monday, July 19, 2004

Moving

I spent the whole entire weekend moving, a chore I do not wish upon anyone. Packing is so easy, but unpacking seems to be the chore. You find yourself wanting to put things differently, start anew. Make a clean slate of everything that is in the past, but what smacks you right in the face are when you open that one box. The one you had so packed away for years anyway but when you open it all those shattered memories you had tucked so nicely away to forget suddenly come screaming back right into your face. Today I found myself staring motionless into a past I thought I had long forgotten. Shuffling through old photographs did I realize that most of the people in the pics were either dead, or just plainly I stopped keeping in contact with for one reason or another.

Which than made me think why do we tend to surround ourselves with people who eventually we never keep in contact with anymore? It's like that collection you start than suddenly get completely bored with it and set it aside never to tamper with again. I have less than 3 friends that I call good friends not sure if that is a good sign for me or a bad one. I am not saying I live my life like my name but I do find myself completely set aside from everyone else though my intentions are good I just end up this way. I've had a lot of great times, great friends, and great memories. But in the end I find I only ended up with me.

Needless to say I packed that past back up again, maybe in another 18 years I'll open it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home