Sunday, May 22, 2005

I think there’s a strange new land for those who live on the edge of faith; trusting in the promises of God and hoping in the hopeless. It’s what the writer of Hebrews talks about chapter eleven. And it’s something incredible.

I think out in this place of complete reliance on God, there are endless miracles; I think that the metaphysical and the physical worlds are weaved together in such a way that there’s no longer any difference at all between a sunset and God’s speaking in my ear. I think out in this place there is an incredible presence of God and an abundance of blessings. I think that it’s out here that faith is grown by leaps and bounds, that souls are transformed through strife that dreams are realized and goals are set and met and lives are ultimately changed forever. I think that it’s out in this place of surrender of self and hope and trust in God alone where life is really lived.

I am trusting God for the impossible but I believe in His promises and though I can’t understand how He can fulfill them, I will have faith nonetheless. I think this is the place that’s talked about in Hebrews. And I think it’s a place that we should all strive to get to.

Many have been in this place before us; so many great people of the Bible. Enoch, Noah, Abraham and Sarah, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Rahab, Gideon, Barak, Sampson, Jephthah, David, Samuel and the prophets (and these are only the names listed in Hebrews, there are many more!). All of these people have walked in this strange, foreign land. You can read about them. All of them have been in the place of completely trusting God, of surrendering hopes and dreams and ambitions, and of hoping in the promises of the Creator of the universe. These were men and women of extraordinary faith, they were heroes, and the world wasn’t worthy of having them.

I want to strive to live out all of my life in this strange land; this place of trust and hope in the face of despair. I want to be called an alien living where I don’t belong. And I want to know that my real home is in Heaven and that whatever I forsake here on earth is stored up infinitely more in Jesus Christ. What I want, more than anything, is to say that I dwell in the tents of Abraham, in the Promised Land, with no idea where I am going or what I am doing but hoping in something that I heard once; a whisper in the wind, something painted in the stars—the voice of God, alone.

In this strange land.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nene said...

It's time you read the sermon of Guatam Buddha. THat's all I wish to say. Goodbye.

9:24 AM  
Blogger loner said...

Shibz!e thanks for reading I'll consider reading the sermon thanks.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home